Friday, March 26, 2010

How Beautiful Indeed...


One of my favorite authors is Donald Miller. You may have heard his name as he’s the author of Blue Like Jazz, an amazing book btw if you’re interested. As I snapped this photo last evening, in the dark, the below portion from BLJ came to mind. How beautiful indeed…

"There is something beautiful about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what He is doing. (They hang there, the stars, like notes on a page of music, free-form verse, silent mysteries swirling in the blue like jazz.) And as I lay there, it occurred to me that God is up there somewhere. Of course, I had always known He was, but this time I felt it, I realized it, the way a person realizes they are hungry or thirsty. The knowledge of God seeped out of my brain and into my heart. I imagined Him looking down on this earth, half angry because His beloved mankind had cheated on Him, had committed adultery, and yet hopelessly in love with her, drunk with love for her."

No comments:

Post a Comment